Friday, September 25, 2009

Crock Pot Spaghetti


I usually do horrible at crock pot recipes but this really turned out good. I did add 1/2 cup of water with all the other ingredients at the beginning and then an extra 2 cups of water when I added the noodles. I didn't want the spaghetti to burn. Just be careful not to add toooo much water or the noodles will taste weird.

CROCK POT SPAGHETTI
Ingredients:

1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning
2 tbsp. dry onions
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1 (4 oz.) can mushrooms
3 c. tomato juice
2 (8 oz.) cans tomato sauce
1 (4 oz.) pkg. spaghetti, broken in pieces

Directions:
1. Brown ground beef in skillet. Place in crock pot.
2. Add all remaining ingredients (except dry spaghetti) and stir together.
3. Cook on high 4 to 5 hours. Add dry spaghetti and stir in. Cook on high for 1 hour more.
AND of course coat with Parmesan Cheese to make it "Cheezy".

Serves 3-4. See comments on how to double this recipe.

4 comments:

Sara said...

great picture, Jill! This looks really good--can't wait to try it!

Sara said...

Okay, here's what I did to feed 6-8 adults. Use 2 15oz. cans of tomato sauce, and 4 1/2 cups of tomato juice (3 soda-sized cans of juice--it comes in a soda-can 6 pack). I added more seasonings (along with a T. of sugar to cut down on some of the acidity). Then I added just over 8 oz. of spaghetti (a little more than half of a 1 lb. box). Cooking times are all the same, and the family enjoyed it. Thanks Jill!

Sara said...

Oh--and I still only used the 1 lb. of ground beef.

Sara said...

And, when doubled, I didn't need to add additional water to this . . . :)