Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Americanized Egg Rolls

Per your request here is my egg roll recipe. I don't have a picture and I probably won't make them any time soon since egg roll wraps are made with eggs and hence 2 of the 5 family members can't eat it. But we all miss them terribly.

Egg Rolls

1 onion, diced
1/4 lbs ground hamburger
1 can chop suey vegetables (my favorite part so I often add more)
1 can pineapple tidbits
1 small head of finely shredded cabbage (I never add all of it, just an amount that looks proportionate).
1-2 pkg egg roll wraps.

1. Brown the hamburger and onions together.
2. Drain hamburger and add remaining ingredients.
3. Place a heaping spoonful of mixture in center of egg roll wrap.
4. Wet edges of wrap with water or with scrambled, but raw, eggs.
5. Fold like an envelope.
6. Fry in hot vegetable oil, turning when sides are brown.

**We heat up brown sugar and ketchup together in the microwave as a sweet and sour sauce, but we just add each to taste, I have no idea what measurements to use.

**Even when I buy the smallest heads of cabbage I can find, I never add all of it and so this is a great recipe to use in the same week you make another cabbage recipe (of which I have none).

No comments: